November 30, 2011

The story behind the pictures.

You know I always have so much I want to say about it all but I can't ever get it out in the right words. So bear with me.  Or you can just skip this post all together.


So we've waited 9 long months for this little princess to make her debut (actually it went by super fast) and she finally came. She came after a nice easy delivery. With Gracie she came out face up after an hour and a half of pushing and Jake came out after about 45 minutes of pushing (he was face up as well)


So here's our story. We are scheduled for an induction on November 15th (my sweet Grammie's birthday) at 9:00am they called the night before to give us our reminder and also to let us know sometimes its crazy and we have to bump the induction til later. It doesn't happen very often but they just wanted to warn us. 6:00am they call and have to bump us. They don't know how long but they call us and give us an hour warning. They called us at 9:00 to come in at 10:00 and off we went.


Gracie was at school so we dropped Jake off at Grandma's and then got to McKay. When we got there they said they had 8 people come in during the night in labor. (I guess that's a ton!) and the first room they assigned us to wasn't all cleaned up so off we went to another room. On the way there we passed a nurses station and one of my ex-boyfriends mom was there (as a nurse). She didn't see me so we kept heading in. When we got to that room there were window washers there. And they could TOTALLY see in! So we hung out for a few minutes til they were done and then I put the lovely gown on. Machel came in shortly after and broke my water said it would probably happen around 4:30 and then we waited. About 3:30 my nurse came in and said I have a meeting so "X" to keep her name a secret :) is going to be your nurse. What the??? Can you say awkward? Ya it was. Especially since she had to check me. (2 or 3 times) this may be too much information so you can skip if you want. And you know when you're numb some stuff just doesn't work right. So she saw my accidents down there. She saw it all. Wow. But she was awesome and kept it professional and it was really fine. More embarrassing than anything. Oh man.


So anyways. I had an epidural (sorry ladies in my opinion drugs were invented for a reason) but I could still feel stuff (like my accidents) it didn't hurt but I could definitely feel. They kept telling me to push the button and see if that would help and it never did. BUT it was a super cool thing in the end.  I could feel the contractions so I knew when to push and on our 3rd contraction of pushing (about 15 mins into the game) she finally graced the world with her presence. (Face up just like the other 2) I could actually feel her crowning and her body slipping out. It was the weirdest, neatest experience. She came out beautiful too. Pretty complexion, pretty girl. Such a neat experience having a baby. She arrived at 4:45 pm (we started pushing at 4:30 just like the doctor thought!) a healthy 7lbs 5 oz and she is just sweet as can be. A champion nurser. She's just a good baby. Love that girl.


And the best part was my recovery was super easy and pretty painless. My legs were VERY numb (I kept pushing that button to try and get all numb! Although now I'm glad I didn't) and swollen and they took a little longer to work than normal but once they wore off it was definitely my easiest recovery. I think its because my body didn't take a beating trying to get her out. After almost 2 hours of pushing with G I was very tired and sore. Same with Jake. With Miss B she kind of just slid out and that was that.

I'm so grateful to be a mom and although I don't love every minute of it. (Any of you that have a 3 year old know what I'm talking about) I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to raise them and teach them and love them. And one last thought, but can I just tell you that having a new baby in your home during the Christmas season makes it even more magical. (Yes even with the lack of sleep) It was a special time of year for us and a Christmas to remember.













1 comment:

the Horton Hurricane said...

Precious I loved reading this, it makes me want another baby so bad :( you have a beautiful family!