November 9, 2011

After Hawaii thoughts. . . .

I've been surprised about how much more of an impression it left on Jake than Gracie. Don't get me wrong Gracie will get her camera out and scroll through her pictures and I'll hear her talking to her friends about it but Jake constantly (I mean every other day) will bring Hawaii up. He thinks we're going to go when he's 5. And he talks about flying on the airplanes (5 of them) ALL the time. We gave the kids their allowance a few weeks ago and talked to them about spending or saving it and Jake said "I'm saving mine for when we go to Hawaii when I'm 5" he loved loved loved it. I know Gracie did too but he's so much more vocal about it.

As for me I want to go back when I'm not 7 months pregnant and NO kids and enjoy the romance of Hawaii and do the excursions. I couldn't do anything but sit there! (Which wasn't bad it just would've been more fun to hit the ziplines or snorkel or scuba dive or anything really.)

Alan hasn't said much. He had to work harder than I did because of the whole prego thing so I think it was a little more work than he thought it would be but I do know he had fun and I'm sure a trip alone with me would entice him (wink wink!). Good times and good memories.

No comments: