November 10, 2011

One of many. . . .



I seriously cannot believe I didn't get a before picture. Seriously Melenna. Come on now. Anyways one of my "nesting" projects was really an Alan project (as most have been) sorry babe. And it was to change our NEVER gardened garden into a sandbox for the kids. (I lied we attempted gardening in it one summer. I don't garden and Alan doesn't have time). So we shrunk the space (we didn't realize how big it was) and poor Alan broke his back trying to get all the weeds out. Eventually he just used the lawnmower and edger and when spring hits we'll get the rest out and dig it down and put the sand in. But for now here ya go.Examining the work.Ok the wagon picture gives you an idea of the weeds. They were actually quite a bit worse and in this picture lots of that stuff is tomato vines but imagine it weeds and overflowing more and that's what we had.Cemented the end caps so the stones stop falling off.
We attempted handprints but the cement was too wet and we forgot to go back and try again when it was ready. Whoops.
As you can see we shrunk it quite a bit and its still plenty big. We threw down some seed and plan on some serious fertilizing once spring hits. Hopefully the grass comes back to life!

No comments: