November 10, 2011

Baby update

Ok, so sooooooo much incredibly fun stuff has been going on that sometimes I forget about this little one cooking inside still. Well, until she kicks me or I have to go pee for the 2nd (or 3rd) time in an hour (no joke. In one hour. We sure are going through the toilet paper) But she's still in there and she's still cooking!!

This is a random non exciting post but I'd like to have it for me so you can skip it if you want. So ever since my 2nd or 3rd appointment my due date has been November 25th. This sweet little one has ALWAYS measured smaller (the ultrasounds always said 28th or later) well in our last couple appointments we found out its because her head is small (not in a bad way its just little which is fabulous. Because my babies come out face up so any extra help I can get is great) which was messing with her numbers.

Well, 2 weeks ago she was measuring 7lbs 6oz (yes at 36 1/2 weeks. No wonder I'm huge) and this last appointment (on the 7th) she measured 7lbs 9oz. Obviously its give or take a little since the ultrasound machines aren't perfect but still. 7lbs at 2 weeks early give me a break. So we start talking induction dates (my favorite chats!! Get this girl out of here!) we always planned on the 18th because it was exactly a week early and that's what we've done on the other 2. My doctor starts asking how early my other 2 came and how big they were and if my cycles have always been regular. And then kind of starts talking to herself. Finally she looks up from her calendar (where I can see that the 18th is booked and I'm holding my breath for the 17th but thinking its going to be more like the 22nd where she's measured small the whole time) and says how about the 15th? What??????????? The 15th are you sure?? I guess according to my cycles my due date should've been the 21st or 22nd. Hello that's almost a whole week taken off! (Not really but when you're pregnant it is) so the 15th it is.

That's only 4 more days. Talk about panic mode. Yes I went into full panic mode. I literally had to sit in my car for a few minutes catching my breath. She knocked a full 3 (which is a lot) days off of my schedule that I now have to cram everything else in somewhere else. And I'm soooo pregnant that I can't do as much as I'd like to in a day without hurting like crazy and not being able to move the next day. So that is the reason for my 100 posts in the last couple days since blogging has been on my to do list for quite some time.

So I'm praying she doesn't come early because I'm counting on the weekend to do one massive grocery shopping trip and laundry and the last minute cleaning (I've been deep cleaning since Monday but I don't know about yours but my 3 year old can't aim for nothin') and then obviously making sure everything is packed and school arrangements are made. So wish me luck and in a few days you'll have a post about our sweet new baby girl :)

No comments: