I guess it doesn't really matter what day anymore right? I should name them projects instead of days because there are just some days I can't get one day and other days (like today) that I get a few done. So PROJECT #1 is. . .
Desk drawer #1

Mostly pens in there. Crazy.

Now they are organized pens.
PROJECT #2
Desk drawer #2

Electronical type stuff. Lots and lots and lots of cords under there.

That's a lot of stuff fitting in my little drawer (really its not very big)

Wow. Now isn't that pretty??? The top bin (you know I never really thought I needed a labeler. Now I'm thinking more and more that I do need one.) has stuff we use. External hard drives, cords to cameras and what not. The bottom bin is cords and random stuff. Alan's old blackberry he won't get rid of. His box his iphone came in. Power cords to our old laptops that we still use. (we switched to mac's and I don't have photoshop for Mac yet so I still have to use the old laptop). And a bunch of other stuff. All easily accessible now!!
PROJECT #3 for the day (so day# 17 according to the challenge)
The mail system. I had actually done this the other day without realizing it so there is no before picture. I did it when I was going through a stack of mail and the bills wouldn't fit in the file cabinet anymore and I found a bill that was past due. (whoops) so I dug this out

I bought it awhile ago in an attempt to be organized. It hadn't been used yet. And I also grabbed this.

That I found for a dollar at Big Lots. (Its a folder with 3 plastic pages with pockets on each side. I didn't know what I would use it for when I bought it but it was a dollar and it matched my file thing perfect!) And then I did this. . . .

See the pockets??? They are everywhere. I love it! I did the following catagories. . . .
1. Grocery List
2. Unsorted Mail
3. To File
4. To Pay
5. Jake
6. Gracie
7. To Do List
8. Address labels/stamps

This one is self explanatory. I'll keep the bills in here for the year and at the end of the year. Very organizationally move them to the file cabinet in preparation for the next year (hopefully this works. It should. It seems easy enough.) And the last part of the mail. . . .

This is how stuff goes to work with Alan. I leave it hanging on the garage door in hopes that he'll remember to grab it. Sometimes it sits there for a few days but it is mostly out of sight unless you leave our house through the garage. So I don't mind. And that is my organization day. Ahhh. I liked those projects they were easy fun ones.
2 comments:
So I like how you organize the bills now. And my personal favorite drawer was the cords one. Great job. Oh, and p.s. I bought a label maker while still in Syracuse, and I have loved it! Worth the investment. Got mine at Walt-MArt. Dyno brand I think.
Look at you...I am so impressed by all of your projects. You are inspiring me, only I actually feel kinda guilty reading it cause it makes me realize what a mess my house is. Good work to you though, you have been a busy girl.
Post a Comment