February 10, 2011

Day #10 - The Laundry Room

So if you look at the Bowl of Lemons blog at all she talks about a launch pad. A place that helps you get out the door in the mornings. Well, the laundry room is ours. Its also our collecting ground.

So with these pictures you have to give me a little bit of a break. I had, literally, just walked in the door and dropped everything. Took the pics and shut the door. My friend was over for awhile and then I tackled this bad boy. Pretty amazing transformation if I do say so myself. It took 4 hours!! Yes 4. Because I was trying to be thourough and wash the walls/baseboards etc. . . . Well, I have a slight problem with that. Our dryer vent isn't connected right (nor will it ever be) so lint goes EVERYWHERE but outside or wherever its supposed to go. It literally climbs the walls and spreads out on the floor. I wish I would have taken a picture of under the clothes hamper. But it was too embarrassing. Or disgusting. Either way I didn't. But there was soooo much lint I eventually gave up because I was just spreading it around rather than cleaning it up. I changed my rag 3 or so times because the lint was just collecting on it. Soooo gross. (but my clothes dry faster than anyone elses so I can't completely complain!) So here's the embarrassing pictures. Before. . . .

Oh and its been a collection place for all my fun bins I keep buying! I love organizing bins!! I always have and I'm so glad these tasks "require" me to buy them!!!



During. I should've taken piles of the mess. There was lots of crap.

And after. . . It'll look a lot better when I get rid of the presents. (Proof of how nuts my life is. I've missed 1 birthday party and just haven't ever given a couple of my friends their presents from when their sweet babies arrived.) Someday they'll disappear. (Anyone having a boy baby anytime soon?)




Dang. Not sure how to rotate this bad boy. Sorry. Just tilt your head. Oh, the biggest, subtlest change, I got rid of the carpet that went in front of the washer/dryer. It TOTALLY made our room look bigger!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Amazing! Good job, that was a LOT of work!

Cami said...

Well done my friend! Well done! Looks great!