May 27, 2010

Mother's Day

For my mom for Mother's Day I wanted to do something a little more meaningful than a gift card to whatever sewing store she wanted. Especially since it had been a terrible month for her losing her own mom :( and dad. So I thought long and hard and decided that I wanted to . . . . . .

Plant a patch of iris's for her. They were my grandpa's favorite flower and in front of their house on 5th street in Pocatello they had a giant patch of them! And in it he had 1 white amidst all the other colors. Which I guess is a rare color to have because someone totally stole it from him. So not only did we plant some. We planted a white one. Happy Mother's DAY!!!

2 comments:

Cami said...

That is such a thoughtful gift! All of your posts are very sweet! Horses? Do you ride them?

Marci Hatfield said...

The gift that keeps giving. How sweet. I'm sure your mom will look at those and have such joy!!

Marci