May 24, 2010

Grandpa Ball


So 36 days after my sweet Grandma passed away my sweet Grandpa followed. What a joyous reunion I'm sure they had!! Tuesday the call came - Grandpa's not doing well. I waited til after work Wednesday night and drove to Pocatello with the plan to head to Idaho Falls first thing in the morning. Unfortunately for me, the call that Grandpa passed away came as I was walking in the door to my Grammie's. So I never got to say goodbye :( I know that he knows I tried and that I wanted to but it didn't really help at first. I'm ok now. We drove up to the hospital that night even though I didn't get there til almost 11. I'm so very thankful that we did. Although I had a crazy meltdown and I hate it when that happens. Especially because there were way too many people around. I'd rather do it in the comfort of my own home, but I'm pretty sure I was overly exhausted and that never helps. We stayed til about 1:00 and then said our goodbyes. Thursday I was home again. No rest for the weary huh? Especially during competition season. So back up to Idaho the next week for his funeral. So many long lost relatives were there!!! It was really neat. And a very nice funeral. Here's some pictures of our down time at Grammie's in between events.



Jake was pleased as punch when we busted out the motorcycle. And not too thrilled when it was time to put it away.



1 comment:

the Horton Hurricane said...

It realy is so hard to lose loved ones I think it's the Mom in us that makes it hard. However your family is darling and you go ahead and cry when you need to.