January 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

Here they come!

 And the paper goes flying!
 
 
 A tool set and a doll house. The kids were in absolute heaven.
 Oh there's more?
 Jake could've cared less. All he wanted to do was build stuff.

Santa brought the guitar :)
Way too much crap.

 
 I hate the mess of Christmas morning. It took me weeks to recover.
 All dressed up in our Sunday best :)


After church Alan's parents came over with their gifts. (I didn't get any pictures :( dang) and then we headed to my mom's the kids passed out on the way. They were so tired.





Sorry that was all the pictures of our chaotic day. With church in there it just threw things off. I know a lot of people liked having church on Christmas. I did not. The kids were too wound from having their presents yanked out of their hands to be able to just sit and enjoy. And it was such a task to get them ready because they wanted to play. It was really hard to find the Christmas spirit. I know that's terrible but it was exhausting. I think if they would've had church later it may have been better and ours went almost 45 mins over the allotted hour. Ya 45 minutes. No joke. So that most definitely didn't help. That was my bah humbug moment :) Other than that it was a beautiful day spent with beautiful people. And I am so grateful for the Christmas spirit and Christ in my life. And especially for having the opportunity to have such a sweet new spirit in our home this holiday season.

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

Well at least you went to church...we totally skipped it. Which I know is horrible, I just didn't know how to fit it all in. So bad, I know.

Don't ya love those stockings, I bought those new this year also...gotta love Kohl's.