April 3, 2012

Tumbling Round 3

So we've officially hit competition season. Like hard core. Hence the reason I've been scarce on here. We have at least one tumbling and one dance competition a month. Whew I'm tired even thinking about it. But before we get to all that lets get a little caught up first. :) We had another tumbling competition in February. Good times. Grateful it was only at Roy High. We also had some sweet excitement. Well, not sweet. But excitement for sure.
 
Cheesing it up for the camera :)
 Her passes.





 She kind of had a panic attack right before she went and the first pass was good and then she warmed up and was playing and wasn't ready when her second round came up and totally did the wrong pass and stopped part way. Wierdest thing. So she tied for 5th. Darn kid. Oh well. She still was the cutest girl up there!

 My sweet Grammie came and watched her. Afterwards everyone was leaving and Gracie was like Wait! What about lunch?? I thought we were going to lunch with Grammie? Oh ya. So we headed off to Olive Garden. Yuummm. So we get there we wait like 5-10mins not too shabby and then we sit and just as we sit I look over at my grandma and I'm like "are you alright" and she says to me "I'm not feeling so good. I think I'll go lay on the couch in the waiting room" and lays her head on the table. So I ask her again are you ok? Should we go? What do you need? And she repeats her same answer to me and then lays her head down. I look at my dad and tell him somethings not right. People are kind of looking at us at this point because they can just tell. You know? So he comes over and touches her back and is like are you ok? And she sits up again and says I don't feel very good and at this point she doesn't look good. At all. She lays her head back down and instantly starts sliding off the table. Holy crap. So my dad and Alan grab her. They're holding her up. She's going pale then red and her eyes are glazed and red and she just keeps changing colors. I'm on 911 she's starting to shake and look clammy she's totally unresponsive. And then all of a sudden she snaps out of it. Right about the time that the ambulance shows up. Holy freaking scary. I thought she was having a heart attack right then and there. Wow.

So the rest of the story is as soon as she snaps out of it she's basically fine. Tired but fine. The 911 folk check her out have her sign a waiver because she doesn't want to go to the hospital and we sit down and have our lunch. Whew. That was pure craziness. I guess its some vein something or other that sends messages to your brain and hers got confused and I guess its happened before and is likely to happen again. Goll, I don't know but it sure was scary. And I can tell you that I don't know that I can ever go into the Riverdale Olive Garden without being super nervous the whole time I'm in there.

No comments: