Good thing Alan doesn't usually get a free minute to read my blog because he would KILL me! But I'm so proud of him and its my blog so I can brag right? Well, oh well if I can't because I'm going to anyways :)
So almost 5 years ago we started our little company at my kitchen table. A few months later I gave the go ahead to Alan to quit the base (oh how I miss those days. The days of being home by 4:30 and every other Friday off and Holidays off. What I wouldn't give to have holidays off again!) and go full steam ahead at this adventure of his. And holy cow has it been an adventure. The best/worst roller coaster ride of my life. We've gone from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows and back to the highs and somewhere in between. But at the end of the day I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Anything. I can't tell you how much we've both grown from this experience. And how much the Lord has seen us through. We've been told no at every corner, we've gone an entire summer without a paycheck, we've had our main supplier shut us down with thousands and thousands of orders to fill and no way to fill them. We've also cried and laughed with joy when we've magically been able to pay our bills all summer long and had a miracle happen with a new supplier that has brought many blessings to the company. And we've also been able to employ over a 100 people and give them a shot at life. All because of this man and an idea he had 5 years ago. . . . .
Utah Business magazine recognized my sweet honey as one of the top 40 under 40 CEO's in Utah. AND picked him to be on the cover :) He's to humble to say anything about it but when he found out that they wanted him on the cover that was the first award he's actually legitimately been proud of. Maybe because its close to home I don't know but he was proud of it.
His company also made one of the Forbes lists. Which in the business world is HUGE!
#31 out of 100. Not to bad sweetie. Not to bad.
There's also been many other awards (I can't remember all) WSU Young Alumni of the Year was another big one. All I can have left to say is I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished. And I'm glad I got to ride this ride with you!
Seriously so cool. . . .
P.S. We are actually in Florida right now for his brother to accept and award as National Mail Innovator of the Year from the USPS for his innovative ideas in shipping for Alan's company (he's Chief Operations Officer). Which is a HUGE deal! Pictures coming his award ceremony isn't for a couple more days :)
1 comment:
Oh make me cry a little, that is really cool and so very special.
You have every right to brag a little about him, you should be so proud. That really is quite amazing. Congratulations to both of you, what an amazing experience.
Post a Comment