(11-13-2009)
December 3, 2009
Disney on Ice!!
So I was incredibly brave and knowing that Alan would be camping with the scouts bought Gracie and I tickets to Disney on Ice. And of course Jake came but he didn't need a ticket. It was an adventure to say the least. We got all dressed and ready to go and headed out. After our stop at the gas station we hit the freeway. All was great til we hit the Beck Street exit I kept thinking Oh I should get off here but changed my mind because we always take the 6th north or south or whatever it is. So I keep driving and I find the sign that says that my exit is closed so I get over to get off at the 4th north or south. (I don't drive in Salt Lake very much) Mind you this whole time Gracie's telling me "Hurry or they'll be done skating" so I'm over in the exit only lane and all of a sudden everybody is slamming on their brakes. Smoke is flying, tires are screeching, cars are going all different directions. Lucky for me, as I'm dodging the car in front of me, the lane next to me is open (or we would have sooo crashed) so I miss my exit and am luckily still in tact. (Apparently, everybody else that was going to Disney on Ice wanted that exit too and it was way backed up) So as I'm driving away from the scene my heart is pounding I'm totally shaking and Gracie goes "What was that? That was fun!! Can we do it again?" Can we do it again?? Are you kidding me kid? So I miss my exit and have no idea where I'm going. Somehow I end up on the 201 westbound (I do know that road magically) get onto I-215 get off on some 7th street exit wind through some kinda scary stuff and it magically pops me out onto the 6th street exit I was trying to get to this whole time. So now I'm really praying its like 10 to 7 which is start time. Gracie's freaking out because I never turned around (when we go places I have to turn around a lot because I forget EVERYthing!) "They're going to be done skating mom! I'm not going to see the princesses skate!" So I'm doing some serious praying (for reals) I circle some blocks by the ESA and I decided to pull into one across the street. I pay the guy and I drive in and it is just a little parking lot and I round the corner and another worker stops me and tells me, The stall on the very end is open and its right next to the sidewalk that will take you across the street. HALLELUJAH! My first success of the night. And it was seriously one of the best parking spots you can get (in my opinion) I didn't have to walk very far at all!! Which is good since I was packing Jake and the diaper bag and trying to hang on to Gracie. So now its like 3 mins to 7 and we're rushing in and we get in the door and I give some usher guy my tickets and he tells me right through that door (the one in right in front of me) about 1/2 way down. AMAZING!! Victory #2! I seriously walked out of my car across the street in the first door I came to and into the door in front of me. We made it.



The kids loved it!! Gracie sat eating her icee drink the whole time (yes I paid $12 for it but it was well worth it. We use the "princess" cup every day) At intermission Jake was pointing at the icee going "uh uh" you could totally tell he was going where did they go? I wasn't done yet! Fabulous time. Well worth the crazy driving and time to go. Although next time Alan will drive and I won't take the kids alone. Because afterwards Gracie was tired and wanted me to carry her and it was a fight to get pj's on because I knew they would both fall asleep in the car (which they did) and it was kind of a struggle to get out of there. Luckily we were parked close by :) Good times.
(11-13-2009)
(11-13-2009)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my heck, you are a brave woman!!!! I am glad that Gracie enjoyed it and got there in time to see them skate!!!
Post a Comment