November 29, 2009

Swine Flu

Just like the rest of the world we got swine flu at our house. I started feeling it Sunday, survived Monday (called in sick but was functioning still) til the end of the day. Sent Gracie to Grandma's to sleep over. Tuesday Alan had to stay home because I was really feeling it and so was Jake. My fever hit about 106 that morning (no that's not a typo) so off to the doctor we went. I thought I was going to die. I was so sick. They diagnosed me with Swine Flu and Influenza A. And Jake not much although he was still running a pretty good fever but he was getting teeth which my kids run about 101 when they are teething. Grandma calls Gracie's starting to fever so we get her home so we don't spread the germs. Wed we sleep all day (or at least I do). Thursday I'm functioning again so Alan goes to work for a little bit. (I think, my memories a little hazy of this week) but Jake's pretty sick. Still fevering and throwing up now. Poor kid. Friday I'm really functioning so he goes in for a full day. Jake's doing better and Gracie just has a cough and a cute scratchy voice. Saturday I did go teach for an hr or 2 and then back to bed and Sunday we still stayed quarantined. And by Monday it was GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!! But we survived and we all lived to tell about it and knock on wood like crazy Alan had some crazy immunity to it and has yet to get sick! (I'm knocking on wood like a maniac!) This is what swine flu looked like at our house. . . jammies and blankie's all day long.

and movies and pillows and cartoons and more jammies.

3 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

Yuck I am so glad you are feeling better!! Scotty got Swine flu from one of his patients, it was no fun!

Pieces of Us said...

Not fun! I'm glad your feeling better.

ps your family pic is way cute!!

Cami said...

Wow, how many hours were you posting for?! Sheesh! I am happy that you did so that I can see your cute family! Love the skirt that you made. You are motivating me!