August 24, 2011

Kindergarten 1st day part 1 :)

Alrighty the "1st day of Kindergarten" what a crock. No really. What a joke. These poor kids are probably the only age that's excited to go to school and they get COMPLETELY jipped. Like completely. I mean you go you take the pictures and for us we had our parents mtg while the kids played outside and then you were done. That's it. Barely an hour. Wow. What a let down. (At least for mine) AND THEN to top it off you don't go back again for reals for a week. We went back for a 1/2 hour for testing and that was it. By the time Gracie really got to school she wasn't all for it anymore. She's actually really funny about it. If you even bring up school or her backpack she instantly says "I hate school" BUT (knock on wood) I never have to fight her on picking her clothes out for the next day, or waking her up, or going. So I think she secretly likes it but likes to be defiant in her own cute way lol. Anyways here's our first day experience:

Mmm breakfastShe wanted cereal. . . . and to make funny faces :)

all dressed up and ready to go!How sad is this too? I've been telling Gracie all summer that her favorite friend Jenny will be taking her to school. Well, on the first day I was obviously planning on taking her 1- I had to go anyway for orientation and 2- its her first day. Well, 10 mins before we're leaving Gracie starts wondering why I'm going and why can't Jenny take her? So since it was her first day I talked to Jenny and she took her for me and I just met her there. Little stink. But its what she wanted. So here's the kids waiting for Jenny to come. (Jake was pretty sad he didn't get to go with Jenny too poor kid wants to go to school sooo bad.)

And waiting for instructions :)





By the way I love, love, love her teacher. She's awesome. So good with the kids. On top of things. Been teaching forever. I really like her!

No comments: