August 28, 2011

I have a confession. . .

I have a confession. I'm sooo super baby hungry its ridiculous. I know I'm prego and one is coming my way soon but seriously?? Is there anything better than a newborn? Not in my eyes. Yes the 1st 6 weeks are hard trying to get everyone on the same schedule but the innocence of that newborn. You don't ever get that back. And their cries. Oh their sweet little cries. Even in the middle of the night. Newborn cries don't bug me. There is usually a quick fix for whatever is the matter. And they are just sweet as can be.

I'm thinking all of this is coming from having Jake. I'll start at the beginning for those of you who don't know the story.

Thing 1 comes alongDaddy works at Hill Air Force Base. You know one of those cushy jobs. Well, he's able to take 2 weeks off. Its just me and G throughout the day once he does go back to work and life is easy. 1 kid to 1 mom and dad home by 4. Well thing 2 joins the picture
Gracie's barely over 2. A spitfire (if you've met her you know she still is!) and full of energy. And well, Daddy's job has changed. He now owns his own company that has super busy times of the year. (We call them "the rush") there is one every time semesters change or school ends or starts at colleges. Well rushes are he**. Literally. At first it meant a month straight of living off 2 hrs of sleep a night. Now that we are bigger and have a lot more employees it means he's usually home by 2 am. (no Friday's or holidays off like the base. Ahhh I miss those days) Well. We didn't time Jake very good. We had him July 31st. Took our 2 nights in the hospital (I love staying at the hospital. I know its weird but its recovery time for me and I take full advantage of it) part of which Alan had to work (constantly on the phone. He had to leave for 1/2 a day to do an interview in Salt Lake blah blah blah) well then we go get Gracie and head home. He, literally, helps me get in the house and then says "I have to go to work" so here I have a 2 day old baby and a wild crazy 2 year old princess who just had her world rocked. Wow talk about nervous breakdowns galore. But we survived and Jake seems normal :) but I did miss out on those sweet moments of him being a newborn. I didn't get to love on him like I would have liked to but he still loves me and its ok. (And he is still the snuggliest baby ever! He loves to be held and hugs and kisses. So I take advantage of that now) but I'm ready to enjoy a newborn and love on her and watch my kids love on her.

Well, the moral of my story is please don't think I'm crazy if you have a baby and I'm doing everything in my power to get it from you so I can hold it!! Cause I sure am ready for this one to come out so I can have her to myself!

No comments: