July 13, 2010

Camping in Green River (June 4-6)

Man, I can't believe how far behind I've gotten! And we've done so many fun things that this is going to take forever to get caught up!! But here goes.

We took a weekend camping trip to Green River with my mom and dad and brother. Just to see the sights. It was fun but HOT!! While we were there we. . . .
(Day 1)On our way!Went to Goblin Valley. Sooooo much fun. We totally could have stayed there a lot longer had it not been 100 degrees. It was soooooooooooo hot. Poor little Jakey's cheeks were pink and you could just tell he was hot! Gracie must be able to handle the heat better because she didn't seem to mind.Definitely would be awesome to play hide and seek or steal the flag in there.Caught a lizard. . .Aren't we cute?Took a nap. . .Tried out self portrait mode on our camera. . .Took pictures of a rock. . .and a cactus in partial bloom. . . .swam. . .Roasted marshmellows (played by the fire). . . .ha ha they both closed their eyes :)

(Day 2)
Slept in a tent. . .(she's so asleep right here.)
Played peek-a-boo. . .Ate chocolate licorice while playing in the car. . .Had birds eat our bread while we were sleeping. . .Took some naps. . .
Went to Arches and. . . . saw some of the arches. I don't remember what this one was called but it was fun to play in the sand and get yelled at for some lady for Alan and Andrew and my dad and Gracie climbing into the top. Because your not supposed to climb on the arches. Even though there are no signs posted and several other people doing it. Them being in the picture was her biggest beef. I was like really? Because any other national park I've been too I've had complete random strangers in my pics because there's so many people there its impossible to not get other people in there. People are lame.Did a little bouldering. . . .Gracie knows when you rock climb you have to have chalk. (Or chalkie as she calls it)Ate at Zac's - they have the best pizza and root beer!!!I don't know why this is blurry :(
Played at the pool. . . .Played at the park. . . . .(Day 3) Climbed the fence posts. Daily.And last but not least. . . .discovered that roly poly's are not dangerous.On our way home we went through 9 mile canyon (its really like 45 miles of dirt road) and saw 1 set of Indian writings. (Can't remember what they're called) the canyon is supposed to be full of them but we must have gone a different way or something because we only saw the one set.Alan pointing them out to Gracie.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks like so much fun!! And Friend you look fantastic I'm totally jealous!!!