August 31, 2010

Day 2 of Scout Camp. . .

So I started a project while Alan was gone. Our flower beds. I hate yard work more than anything in this world and its left up to me. So we hired a kid to mow and edge and he does a fabulous job and I could pay extra for him to pull weeds but that doesn't seem nice.

So I decided to do it myself. I didn't remember to take picture of before and after until a little ways into it but you can imagine what the good side looked like before I got to it. We had 2 spiral pine trees up at the very top that all of a sudden got a bug or something and died so I had to pull them out and I rearranged and planted some new flowers and took out all the old bark and put down new. Whew, it was a lot of work all by myself. But I did it! So here's some before pictures (actually a little ways into it pictures)With a little break to play in the warm summer rain. . .It is literally impossible to keep clothes on this kids. Literally impossible.
And the after. These were taken about a week later. I kept forgetting to do it and I had to go buy more bark. So I had to wait for that as well.I planted some new tree/bush thingys up at the top in place of the pine trees and unfortunately I didn't notice when I bought them that they were the thorniest little buggers ever. We left them planted for a couple weeks before digging them up. And the tan grassy bush thing on the top is now tipping over. I'm not really sure what happened there but it is on the fix it list too. And the middle tier needs something but I haven't decided what and I haven't had time to think or look or do anything so it will have to wait til next summer unfortunately. The saddest part for me is that its pretty weedy again. :( This is Alan's crazy busy time of the year and I've been helping him so its getting pretty bad. I guess I am going to have to pay the kid extra. Maybe just for this month. . . . .It ended up being very satisfying work.

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

I am very impressed...there is no way I would have attempted that on my own. Looks so great though!!!