August 4, 2010

4th of July

I absolutely love the 4th of July. I think its because its a chill holiday. No presents to buy, there's not 10 family parties to attend. You just do your thing. And my favorite thing. My grandpa's cabin in Island Park. Alan was even able to come with us!! Yea!! This was seriously the best weekend ever. The weather was perfect, my awesome Uncle Gyle brought extra motorcycles for Alan and I (and whoever. But mostly Alan. He is the favorite) Uncle Gyle and Uncle Randy took turns taking Jake on motorcycle rides which left us with just Gracie who was busy as a bee riding her bike and doing who knows what! Jake could stay on the motorcycles for hours. Literally. He was going on 2 or 3 2+ hour rides every day. If the bikes turned on he was handing us his helmet saying go. If the bikes were parked he was pulling us towards the porch (which had the helmets on them). He LOVED riding the bikes. Now every time we go to Papa D's (my dad) he'll get excited and say "ride, papa, ride, fun weee!" Did I mention he loves to ride the bikes? Gracie likes it too just not in the same way as Jake. She'd rather do other things. Like ride her bike. (I'm bummed this pic is blurry. I didn't take very many pictures of her on this weekend getaway)
Jake's patiently waiting for the bikes to be ready.So we did our usuals. Lots and lots of bike rides.
Go Papa D! Go!
There is always a trip to Big Springs. (Where my mom dropped our camera bag in the river. Thanks mom!! Luckily our camera wasn't in it and neither was anything else.)
The fish are usually hiding under the bridge. So Alan and Gracie looked at them that way.This is my favorite picture of the weekend.This is Gracie and Alan trying to catch the bag as it floated away.Funny motorcycle story. I had Jake and we were going along for a ride and we hit what we call the "bunny hill" and we're all hanging out taking turns going up and down the hill and a group takes off down the trees. So a little bit behind I follow them. I get to a fork in the rode and I go left but as I look right I realize that everyone else went right. So I try to turn my bike (actually my mom's bike sorry mom) around and it tips over. Jake and I jump off (he's strapped to me) and are fine. I'm standing there looking at the bike going I know I can't pick this up and he's going "ma, crash" over and over again. I try a few times to pick the bike up (those things are heavy) and I just can't so I go stand in the fork of the road waiting for the other half of my group that I assume are coming. I wait and I wait and finally I hear something. It's a group of 4-wheelers. They'll do. So one guy picks up my bike I get it turned around. He makes me start it to make sure it'll start I try to give directions to two-top (its a ride to the top of two-top mountain that everyone HAS to go on. Although in all 20 years I've gone to Island Park I've never done it) and they head out. I get on the bike ready to head back and it doesn't start. What???? It started right up 5 minutes ago!! I try a few more times and nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I pull in the clutch and we start pushing the bike. Well, I push and Jake rides. We get a little ways down the trail and I'm going there's no way I can push this with him on it all the way back to the cabin. So I find a spot in the trees to pull the bike into and I go to put the kickstand down. Its already down. Anyone have any ideas what that means? It means that the bike won't start. I'm such an idiot. So I put the kickstand up and guess what?? The bike starts right up. So I'm off. And within 5 minutes we're home. And Jake's telling everyone "ma crash" "ma crash" over and over again.
Hung out with Baby J. (Jayton or its Jayten I never can remember)


And we did go see fireworks at the bear store. Hungry bear maybe? I never can remember. That was seriously the longest firework show I have ever been too. And it was cold! We didn't bring enough warmth to it. But it was good. And Jake loved it. Listen to him in the video. It was funny :)

Oh, Jake learned how to start the motorcycles. All of them. (they're electric start) and if we stopped for any amount of time longer than he thought we should he was pushing the button saying go go!!

Gracie came limping in the house after one of the motorcycle rides and when we looked one ankle was swollen. Daddy taped it up but we're still not sure if she twisted it somehow or if it was a bug bite. I don't know if you can tell in this pic or not how swollen it was.My cousin Katie and her new husband Shaun came too!! I didn't get any pictures though :( and I didn't get to chat much with them either :( but it was good to see them and I sure miss them!
We had to come home Sunday :( everyone else stayed til Monday or Tuesday. But Alan had to get back to work. So we decided to stop in Rexburg to get food and while we were there had the thought to visit the new temple there. I'm so glad we did! It was beautiful!




1 comment:

Cami said...

This trip looked like it was such a fun one! BEAUTIFUL!!!! It does look so relaxing, which is probably what was needed for you guys to gear up for the beginning of the school year. Busy book season! Oh, and I think the pic of you and Alan in front of the temple was beautiful. It made me smile! We love you guys!