April 21, 2010

Promptings

So tonight as I hang out in my single momness (ha ha) I was unwinding on the computer from tonight's grueling events of putting the kids to bed by myself I had the thought pop into my head - you should go check and make sure the cords not wrapped around Gracie's neck. Backtracking a little since Alan's gone I told Gracie she could sleep with me. She opted for the floor so I put her to bed on the floor and she was talking to me off and on - Mom I want to go to tumbling tomorrow - Mom yadda yadda yadda. Well, she was laying on my side of the bed and I have my phone charger plugged in right next to my side and it just hangs out. My door stays shut during the day so Jake can't get in (for now, he can almost open doors, YIKES!) so I haven't ever thought of it as a risk. So I get to a stopping point on my project (organizing my pictures fun huh?) and I go in and peek at her. Well I can't see her very good from the doorway and so I sneak in and she's moves/sits up and says - Are you coming to lay by me? So I say yes I can see the cord coming out of the wall and it looks normal like its just right there so I lay by her and we snuggle (she is seriously the best snuggler ever!) And she's talking a little bit but holding still. All of a sudden she starts moving around kinda weird. I ask her what's she's doing and she says - oh, this is just on me. All of a sudden I can see the cord poking out of the covers by her head. I grab it and find that it was wrapped around her neck. TWICE. . . .crazy. The thoughts of what could have happened had I not gone in there gives me the shivers. Thank you for promptings. I'm glad I listened.

4 comments:

Clemments Family said...

That is way scary, glad that you listened to it and glad she is okay! Whew!!!

the Horton Hurricane said...

scary, I always say to listen to ALL promtings I'm so glad she was OK. What a good Mommy you are

Maria said...

Yikes friend good thing you listened! i'm glad she's ok.

Cami said...

Whoa! That gave me the chills! That is a good reminder for me to follow my first instinct! Good talking with you the other day!