September 18, 2009

Stanley

Ok so I've kinda been holding off on this one because there are some neat neat pictures I want to get from my cousin and I haven't had a chance to even ask him for them so I thought forget when I get around to asking him and then get them from him I'll do it but until then here was one of the highlights/worst vacation of our summer. On our way to Stanley, ID we stopped at a restuarant that I don't remember the name even and sat in this GIANT rocking chair (that really rocks) and waited FOREVER for our food. It was really good food though.So then we get to our little cabin that we were staying in for the few days and we were going to the potty (at least I was) (and there's pictures of the potty coming) Gracie was being a pill. Just ornery and whiny and she started to cry as we were coming out of the potty and I was getting so frustrated with her when all of a sudden "bleh" she throws up several times all over both of us. Awesome. We hadn't even been there five minutes. So we unpacked and got her some sprite or something and bowl and headed to the camp where the rest of the fam was! Poor Gracie she tried so hard to play and have fun but she just wasn't up for it. So I guess Gracie thought that if she covered her mouth it would help her not throw up or something. I'm not sure though.We called it a night pretty early that night. It must have just been a little bug she threw up a couple more times before bed. We had a looooonnnnggg trip to the outhouse in the middle of the night and then we were as good as new!!! Dina Jo and Renee came with Keegan (?spelling?) and Jake love love loved that dog! After Kaitlynn came to play at our cabin and we played in the rain and ate dinner and tried to have a campfire but since it was soooo rainy all of the time it worked out only so so :) It was fun trying though!See back to ourself! Poses and All!Did I mention that Keegan was huge? Cause he is.The potty. The cute owner lady had it decorated and smelling pretty ok for an outhouse!Jake climbed in all by himself :) I don't know maybe he was hungry?One of our many trips back and forth from our cabin to the campground.Day 3. . . . . . SURPRISE (to everyone!) Joni and Kevin and Christian came!! And new baby Michael!! What fun for everyone!! We always LOVE to see them and all three kids play so good together!! It was a wonderful surprise for everyone!And just before we left (because I was tired of the rain and tired from Day 1 of throwing up) I let Jake get good and wet. He was so happy :) AND. . . . Katie and Sean (?spelling again??) yes they did. They got engaged!!! Hooray!!!! Congrats guys!! I can't wait for the wedding in Hawaii!! (Hopefully we can go!)
So it was a good trip because we got to see tons of family that we don't get to see very often! And so many fun surprises that made it worth the rain and the throwing up!! The rain was such a bummer because I KNOW our kids would have had SOOOOOOOO much fun playing in the sand and water. But oh well. What do you do?

No comments: