Oh, January. Oh bleak and blah you are. There isn't much for me to post about. My biggest post? Oh just my awesome 30th birthday present.
Ya, that's right suckah's!! This chicka got Lasik for her birthday!!!! Heck ya!!! It was so cool! I can't even tell you how neat of an experience is was. So my eyes were like off the charts bad. Most people are around a -2 or -3 ya me? I was a -7 or over 20/600 (the stop measuring at the 600 mark and I was beyond that) so when I sat up after they did their thing (which took oh 2 minutes total per eye. They have to open the flap and then let it sit and then do the laser work which only took 14 seconds per eye) and looked through the glass window and I could see Alan sitting there (they had a big glass wall so your friend you brought with you could watch as well as some flat screen tvs set up) it was amazing. And then they took me down the hall and around the corner to wait for a few minutes before one final check. They sat me in front of another giant glass window that overlooked the freeway. And I could see. I could see all the little cars that drove by. I could see the billboards. It was unbelievable. (to give you some perspective before the Lasik in order to see to put my contacts in I would have to be about 6 inches from the mirror or it was too blurry so to see a football field distance away. Wow.) It was seriously the coolest thing ever. I was in tears, Alan was in tears (and he, my friends, never cries) I just kept saying over and over I can see. I can see. On the drive home as we were talking about it. (I was supposed to keep my eyes closed which was really hard to do because I wanted to see everything!) we were talking about how in the days of the pioneers or before I would have basically been considered a cripple or invalid because I couldn't see anything but fuzz. I would have been useless. And then how my wonder and amazement at being able to see was probably similar to those that the savior healed back in his day. Who would've thought that a modern day procedure could be considered a miracle? Not me. Although I do now! The best part of the deal was after a 4 hour nap I was up and at 'em and we hit a Jazz Game!! Which was super cool as well because we were in one of the suites so pretty far up and I could see and read everything!!! Even the names on their jerseys. Such an amazing birthday present (totally worth waiting a month and a half for it!) that I will be forever grateful for!


No comments:
Post a Comment