Remember back in the day when Alan won this. . . .
Well, because of that we got to go to Palm Springs, CA for the national level :) this is what our supposed to be family vaca to Disneyland was working around. Which is ok, because this way Alan and I got to get away for a couple of days. Which was fabulous!
We took off in this little tiny airplane. (We boarded from the tarmac. That's how little!) and after a little de-icing. . . .
We were off!! This place was awesome! J.W. Marriott Desert Springs Resort and those Ernst&Young people hook you up!! Every afternoon/night we had a goodie waiting for us in our room! I should've taken pictures dang it. Anyways, here's Alan in the book!

He is such a stud!
Alan even had a special pass to get our picture with him. He's a little dude. Like super little. Because Alan and I are not tall by any means. And we look like giants compared to him. But he is a very neat guy!
That night was a cool party/dinner. With a live band. Super fun! With rows and rows of buffets!! Yum!
Don't judge. This is before I worked my butt off to get back in shape! It's embarrassing to see pictures of me when I looked like this!
Look how fun all of this was!!!Whenever we would get back to our room for the night they had it set on a special channel that would go through all of the people up for awards. Here's Alan!
A little Deborah Norville . . .
And some Michael Phelps. He is such a hard worker! After listening to him he deserved EVERY medal he won. And then some. When he was working with his coach they talked about other swimmers and what could make him stand out above them and make them better. The difference? The swam 6 days a week. He did 7. (Not that I necessarily agree with him swimming on Sundays but that one thing put him hands down over the rest! And he obviously wasn't raised like me where Sunday's are a day of rest) Anyways. Good for him! Good guy!
Alan on the wall. 3rd row from the top 2nd one over.
Main course -
He's on the big screen! The lighting was terrible and Alan said I'd look like a nerd if I took my good camera. So I didn't :(
And dessert!
Mmmm good!
Jay Leno was the MC that night. Good times!
And the winner of Alan's division! - The Chobani guy. (No idea his name. Sorry) His was a cool story on how it all came to pass for him! Good times!













No comments:
Post a Comment