September 5, 2011
Official first day!!
She looked so cute on her first real day I had to snap a couple more. (I actually wished I would've taken a couple more but I didn't :( I'm such a slacker!)

So as a mom I'm kind of torn with my emotions. I'm sooo super excited for her and the opportunities she has this year. (Sorry if I've already told you guys this I can't remember anything these days) But she got accepted into the Spanish Immersion program at her school. Which is where she will learn in English half the day and Spanish the other half. So by 6th grade she'll be pretty dang fluent. (The best part is all her friends got in too!!) But it is a bittersweet moment. My baby is now in school. And will be for the rest of her life with us. (at least we hope so right :) ?) I'm really glad its just Kindergarten and a measly 2 1/2 hours a day which still leaves us plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the warm weather. (Other than everything's closed now during the week. Lame.) But I know that right around the corner is 1st grade and that will be TOUGH. Gone all day? Really? Oh well, can't dwell on that now. Just got to enjoy her while I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW!! Stephen goes all day :( That is awesome about her getting into the Spanish Immerison program!!!
I have to tell ya the first time I dropped her off with my kids I cried as I watched Brooke take her hand and lead her to her door. I just always knew Brooke would be a great big sister to a little sister if given the chance. I love your kids. BTW Gracie always looks so cute every day :)
Post a Comment