July 5, 2011

Day #6 - Yosemite again!



Day #2 of our actual vacation (Boise was just a pre-trip) Kids are still smiling after hours and hours in the car!
First stop - A fish hatchery we found on accident the first day when we turned down what we thought was the wrong road (we later found out that it was the right road and that it was MUCH faster than the one we took..)
Sooooo much fun. The kids LOVED it. And it was random and cost us about $1 for food for the fish.

There were sooo many fish it was unreal!





They would go NUTS over the food. I mean nuts! Eating each other trying to get it. It was super entertaining.












The road we took yesterday. Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth on that crazy mountain. Talk about making you sick.
Next stop Yosemite again! We kind of did the same things. Hiked Bridal Veil falls again BUT came better prepared and got less wet. And the weirdest thing. . . . . there was still water on the trail but not even hardly anything. So weird (well until you got to the top but I'm sure its wet up there all the time. No one ever told us to dress like we were at Niagara Falls)
We seriously took the picture and ran. Well, at least I did (and that's Jake wrapped in the pink coat. Not Gracie.
Brrrrrr
Same look out as before :)




Pretty isn't it?








Pregnancy does something to your brain and for the life of me I don't remember the name of this place all I know is it was cold and lots and lots of snow.



























And the best part of the trip so far???? Seeing these 2 sweeties. We were driving and saw what I thought was a baby bear so we flipped around and we found that it was really a momma bear with the smallest sweetest baby bear cub. Holy freakin' cute!!!










Cutest little bear ever!

I loved how green the trees were. The moss on them was really cool!
A preview of the Giant Sequoia's we're visiting tomorrow!
These babies are huge!!!




Attempting to swim again. It was so cold everywhere and California only has outdoor pools so the kids spent most of the time in hot tubs. Although I told Gracie I'd pay her $5 bucks if she'd jump in the big freezing cold pool. She totally did it. Without hesitation. And popped up out of the water and said "5 bucks?" with a huge smile.





We then headed next door to the IHOP. I was reading the menu to the kids and Gracie's was a normal pick But Jake picked fish. Really? Fish? For one thing why on earth is there fish on the kids menu? Second of all he's NEVER had fish (I don't like seafood and Alan doesn't really either so we don't ever eat it) but no matter how hard we tried to change his mind he really wanted fish. Gross. Don't know his feelings on it either. He was pretty tired so he had a couple bites and night night baby!
Off to Sequoia tomorrow!!!

No comments: