Day 19 - Flip Flops - even though Vegas was colder than I imagined I could still wear flip flops without people looking at me weird. I absolutely hate shoes other than flip flops so I'm grateful for a few more days of the good life!
Day 20 - Today I'm thankful for this guy. . . .

Wade Robson - he was one of the teachers at "The Pulse" that I took a class from while I was in Vegas. Unreal!!! He was sooo amazing. His wife had just had a baby and he taught us the dance that he was inspired by his new little guy. Being a mom I could totally relate to it. I doubt that my 14 year olds could but I sure could and it was unbelievable. So cool.
Day 21 - This day I was insanely grateful for Heidi. She's my boss at the studio. (owner/boss whatever you want to call her) before we left for Vegas (so a little background - we rented a yukon and took 8 of us and then a couple other carfulls of kids to Vegas for a dance convention called "The Pulse" the choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance teach some classes and it is amazing) so before we left she had checked the weather and told us if you don't feel safe driving home then stop and stay the night. Well we got out of class a little early (like 3:30 the thing went til 4 or 5) and headed out. We hit St. George and the road was closed at Beaver but was supposed to open around 8 but after dance for the last 2 days we decided to stay in St. George and then drive in the morning. The next day driving through I was so glad we stayed. The stretch through Beaver you could tell had to have been AWFUL the night before. There was a semi facing the wrong way all smashed. Some cars still off the road. Soooo grateful Heidi paid for us to stay the extra night.
Day 21 - I'm sooooo grateful for my cute family today.
Day 23 - Its my Birthday!!! We had an awesome fun crazy awesome fun date night!! I got my favorite babysitter to come babysit and before we left she said - it's your birthday, don't worry about paying me. What???? Are you serious??? See you tomorrow honey! Well not really but we took full advantage of her! Dinner at Brick Oven (it was ok) we tried Outback but they had closed because of the storm. What storm? I've seen worse storms. Then went and saw unstoppable (sooooo good! The best part is that we had the theater 100% to ourselves. It was just us!! Same with when we went to MegaMind. Just our cute little family in there!) And then some Christmas Shopping!!! A perfect night. Happy Birthday to me :) ( I can't believe I'm 28!! I swear it was only a few days ago I was 18)
Day 24 - Extended family - We have to best families. Both sides are a little crazy (no offense I still love you all) but they are so fun and never a dull moment!! We went and stayed in Logan at the Super 8 (it was sooooo dank) with Ken and Tam and the fam and had fun. Dinner and then the gross steamy swim pool. But the kids loved it and it made them sleep really good! I love my families :)
Day 25 - Happy Thanksgiving!!
Today I'm thankful for so many different things. I'm sure I'll forget some but here are a few. . . . .
1. Eternal families. You know the holidays roll around and your thoughts turn to those who have gone on before us. Most fresh in my mind my Grandma and Grandpa Ball. Sweethearts through and through. So much so that my Grandpa barely lasted a month before joining his sweetheart. We missed you :( and of course my dear cousin Amy. Taken way before her time by the choices she made. Oh how we love you Amy and can't wait to see you again.
2. My kids. My joy and happiness come through. As does my craziness. . . .but they are worth every second of it.
3. My amazing husband. He is my rock and my strength. He is so incredible. Smart, driven, the best. He is the best dad and I know everything he does he does it for us.
4. My home. We have worked for 5 years making this place a home in the crazy world. And I love it. I will be so sad when we have to leave it. Alan and his dad literally built it from the ground up. With their bare hands. (Elaine was their best cheerleader and errand runner!!)
5. The gospel. It makes me who I am and leads me in the direction I want to go.
6. There are so many more but I better save them for the last 5 days :)
Day 26 - My mom and dad. They help out whenever they can!! (And Black Friday its one of my favorite days!!)
Day 27 - Elaine and Marty (the in-laws) for going above and beyond! They worked for Alan for 3 years before finally letting us pay them for their 12+ hrs a day.
Day 28 - For the best Sunday EVER!! We did Christmas decorations (pics coming soon hopefully) and left the t.v. off turned the tunes on and played go fish and ate a yummy dinner. What a wonderful blessed sabbath day.
Day 29 - For a productive Monday!! I got soooo much accomplished at home and at work that I feel complete and full of thanks!! I even got a game or 2 of go fish in there (its our new fave).
Day 30 - You know. I kind of can't pick one last thing to be grateful for. It doesn't seem to be enough. I'm so grateful for all of the blessings in my life. I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. My families are amazing and supportive and close and I have some of the best friends in the world that love me even though I don't keep in touch very well, we pick up right where we left off when we do finally get together. I'm grateful for forgiveness and that people are willing to forgive me for my wrongdoings because believe me I'm not perfect (I know gasp, shock!) I'm grateful for the power of prayer and my daily usage of it. I'm grateful for oh so many things. . . .
1 comment:
This was fun to read! Great idea! I must say, I think that your house is quite cozy. I always loved going there!
Post a Comment