My friend called me one morning and asked "Do you have family in Idaho Falls?" My answer? Of course! She then preceded to ask me "Would you want to go there with me today?" Again my answer? "Of course!" but could you drop me off in Pocatello? Her answer? "Of course" so that started a chain of events that led to this. . . .
(She's always naked I know!! I promise I try to keep her clothed!) Sweet moon boots! The plan? Becky will drop us off in Pocatello and then the kids and I hitched a ride to the cabin with Grampie. I then talked my parents into going so let's hitch a ride home with them! The husband was working. :(
I don't know how many of you know about Island Park but they get a lot of snow. This is April 3rd. Yes APRIL!! Are you freaking kidding me!! I mean seriously look at this picture. The snow drift behind my grandpa. It's as tall as him. We couldn't even drive the trucks into the cabin. We had to snowmobile in. Which is normal. . . . For December and January! Not April!!!
This is how we found Gracie the first night (Friday) asleep. Yes, asleep. She is dead asleep in between the poof pillows. I think she rolled off!I'll be completely honest. I was super mad at all because he had a dumb excuse for not coming up (so I felt) He had meetings Friday (a good excuse) but he really wanted to stay home for the finance class our ward was doing. Which is legitimate but we haven't ever gone up during the winter!! And I was so excited I could hardly stand it and I just wanted him to enjoy it with us and experience it! And can I just tell you I have the best husband in the world. We had just woken up Saturday morning. (Literally I was walking out of the bedroom with one of the kids) and one of the boys said "Hey there's Alan" My Alan? NO WAY!! Then James pipes in there's your husband! He seriously got up at 4 am and drove straight through to make it by breakfast (its 4 1/2 hours if you don't have to stop). What a stud huh? Especially since I spent a half hour the night before on the phone being mad. (sorry babe!) Little did I know that he was already packed and ready to go when I was talking to him. (I'm really sorry!)

He was immediately put to work shoveling steps out so we could come in the back door when we were done snowmobiling. The built the cabin with this entrance and then a giant room with a drain and coat rack so you basically drive the snowmobiles to the door go down the stairs (the snow stairs and the real stairs) and then strip down in the room and there's a fireplace and the clothes dry out nicely so when your ready to ride again they're ready for you!
This is a look at all of the snow. The craziest part is my cousins were up the weekend before and they had cleaned off the snow from the roof and this part.





The snowman.



Just playing! Gracie seriously loved it. She cried almost every time she had to get off the snowmobiles and was always asking to go again even though she froze most of the time.


Jake's adventures.
Are you kidding me? 20 degrees!?!We went to the zoo with Rene and Brooklyn and it was a lot of fun. We ran out of time too soon though :(









The End.Easter Egg Hunts.







Easter Morning.




Gracie did her own hair.
Cabela's
Rocky Mountain ATV


Enjoying Summer like weather.


The Park/Feeding the ducks(seagulls).




Competition.
Birthday Party #1 The Yearsley's
My fam is going out of town this weekend so we did a little party for her today.


The dress
The gloves
The helmet
The whole outfit!So that's that. We've had a lot of fun, a lot of craziness and a lot of love and it's so not over yet!!
4 comments:
Your kids are so cute. So, Beckam totally has the same green and brown striped jams that Jake is wearing in some of those pictures {granted, Beckam grew out of his months ago..}. I love them though. They were my favorites.
p.s. those pictures of Gracie dancing are priceless.
Wow talk about adventures! I especially like the part where there are pictures of your kids in full on snow gear and then swimsuits!
Christian really enjoyed the pictures of baby Jake. It took him a while to believe that they weren't pictures of him but after the first 10 or so he got the idea.
I'm so jealous that you got to go to the cabin! It looked like so much fun (and good for Alan for surprising you like that). I'm constantly amazed at the caliber of men that are in our lives. It seems that you got a good one too!
Glad to see all is well. Take care!
Joni and Kevin
Trips, dance comp. (which she looks adorable), parties, Easter egg hunt! WOW you have been busy but it looks like you have had a lot of fun!
Wow, you have been busy! What a fun surprise having him go up to the cabin! Husbands are the best! The kids are so darn cute and you look just as beautiful as ever!
Post a Comment