October 25, 2011

Hawaii Day #2

Can you believe I forgot (well, Alan did. Well, maybe both of us did. I assumed he had it but didn't remind him which kind of makes it my bad) my camera this day. Holy cow. I have no camera on our first real day in Hawaii. Shoot me now. Thankfully we have phones with pretty decent cameras in them and a Grandpa with an amazing camera. (I seriously want a camera like his. Don't know what it is but I need it. That's what I do know.) Ok. So our first adventure. Pearl Harbor. We didn't rent a car because we were only here (in Honolulu or Waikiki I don't really know where we were) for a day before flying over to the main island called Hawaii. Ha ha :) so anyways our first adventure was to ride the bus to Pearl Harbor. Ok so ya. An hour and half later we get there. Seriously an hour and half??? Needless to say I was exhausted by the time we got there even if these guys weren't. Can you tell why they weren't?
These were the best shots I could get from where I was at. The bus was insanely crowded. It was ridiculous. Really. So anyways. We get there. I'll be honest. I was a little disappointed (well, a lot.) I've always thought going there seeing the boats and stuff would be so insanely cool. Well, to see the boats its a ferry ride going for a measly $60 a person. No lie. But it was beautiful and outdoors and the kids could pretty much run amok (is that how you spell that??) And I can say been there done that. So here's our pictures from our half day there. . . .

Next off some lunch at this place. . . .
And ohh a little this :)Waikiki Beach. It was soooo awesome. Seriously. And within walking distance of our hotel. It was the perfect family beach. Soo much fun. And we must of looked awesome because we had 2 separate people give us boogie boards!

Ok so this was the view of another hotel out our window. If you look close there are 2 white chairs identically placed on all of the balconies
And this would be us The Waikiki Aqua Pearl.
Tomorrow we're off to the big island!!!

No comments: