December 20, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

How sad, its like 2 days before Christmas and I'm only on Labor Day weekend? You may get to see Christmas by Valentine's day at this rate.

After the usual Grandma Jones festivities (I took zero pictures I'm so lame) in Preston the kids and I joined Uncle Andrew and my parents at the cabin. It was a nice fast trip. Of course the number 1 thing on the agenda. . . .

a ride "peas" (please in Jake's language)
A first for my kids - Howard Springs a yummy drinking fountain on the side of the road on the way to West Yellowstone. . . .
Isn't he cute?
We saw tons and tons of animals!! 2 moms + 3 babies means one of these momma's had twins! Cute!
We love Grams and Papa D.

This guy got soooo close to us. Gracie crouched down in her seat and said "mom, he's looking at me" it was a little creepy.
Crazy monkeys


We love Uncle Andrew too!





This is my favorite waterfall/scenic part of the park.

Not a cute pic of me but at least it shows I was really there!



Lunch time!!!
We fed these guys some snacks. Hope their full!

Off to Grammie's house to shuck us some corn!

Helpful corn pickers




A little play time. . . .


These 2 babies were fighting! It was kind of funny. I think it was over a corn stalk. Can't be sure.


The husking station. . . .

The cooking station. . .
The chefs. . .
Cooling the corn. . .
Slicing the corn (what do you call this part? Its when they slice the kernels off?)
I see water somewhere so I must get naked even though its pretty chilly!!!
Helping cool the corn. . .


Swimming with the corn. . .

Fun times :) As usual missing Daddy. Labor Day is a crazy busy time for that man. :(

No comments: