K so I don't know how all of you do it. My house is constantly a mess.
I can't keep up on dishes. I can get the laundry clean and folded but put away?
Not a chance. I barely remember the holidays. And if I do remember
holidays I don't remember to take pictures. We can't be ready for the day
before 11 if it kills us. (I blame that 100% on Jake.
It is impossible for me to get ready with him awake.)
And all this creative crap you guys do?
I would love to do that!
And every holiday your house is redecorated?
I still have some Christmas stuff up.
Have you looked at my front door?
It still thinks its Christmas.
Where do you find the time?
I would love to wake up with a clean house.
Keep up on the dishes.
And the laundry.
Never step on a toy.
Or a crayon.
And have all 3 beds made every morning.
Honestly.
How do you do it?
I would love to look perfect at 9 am when you pick Gracie up for preschool.
Oh, and have Jake be all ready to go too.
But seriously?
Unless I start getting up at 5am
(which isn't going to happen)
I guess this will be my life.
So please excuse my mess.
We just got back from vacation and the clothes
can't seem to find their home.
The snow boots may need to be used again.
So why put them away?
And the bags?
Well they still have clean clothes in them.
That I plan on wearing tomorrow or the next day.
So they'll just have to stay out a little bit longer too.
Oh, and the whole home cooked meal every night?
Does Hamburger Helper count?
Or Macaroni and Cheese?
I know, I know.
Those don't really count.
But how do you go to the grocery store?
I only go when I'm going to run out of milk.
Or I already did.
And then its a mad dash to get the main things
before one or both of the kids are crying
because I forgot to feed them in my rush to get out of the house.
Or someone has to go potty.
Or Jake's throwing everything out of the cart -
A. Because he like to hit you with flying objects
or
B. he thinks EVERYTHING is a ball.
Maybe someday my life will be in order.
And I can take 20 minutes and blog my perfect days events.
After I just spent the last 2 hours scrapbooking it.
In my immaculate house.
With my immaculate hair and clothes.
And perfect children with an outfit for every holiday.
But until then, you're just going to have to deal with the mass chaos my house brings to us all.
I can't keep up on dishes. I can get the laundry clean and folded but put away?
Not a chance. I barely remember the holidays. And if I do remember
holidays I don't remember to take pictures. We can't be ready for the day
before 11 if it kills us. (I blame that 100% on Jake.
It is impossible for me to get ready with him awake.)
And all this creative crap you guys do?
I would love to do that!
And every holiday your house is redecorated?
I still have some Christmas stuff up.
Have you looked at my front door?
It still thinks its Christmas.
Where do you find the time?
I would love to wake up with a clean house.
Keep up on the dishes.
And the laundry.
Never step on a toy.
Or a crayon.
And have all 3 beds made every morning.
Honestly.
How do you do it?
I would love to look perfect at 9 am when you pick Gracie up for preschool.
Oh, and have Jake be all ready to go too.
But seriously?
Unless I start getting up at 5am
(which isn't going to happen)
I guess this will be my life.
So please excuse my mess.
We just got back from vacation and the clothes
can't seem to find their home.
The snow boots may need to be used again.
So why put them away?
And the bags?
Well they still have clean clothes in them.
That I plan on wearing tomorrow or the next day.
So they'll just have to stay out a little bit longer too.
Oh, and the whole home cooked meal every night?
Does Hamburger Helper count?
Or Macaroni and Cheese?
I know, I know.
Those don't really count.
But how do you go to the grocery store?
I only go when I'm going to run out of milk.
Or I already did.
And then its a mad dash to get the main things
before one or both of the kids are crying
because I forgot to feed them in my rush to get out of the house.
Or someone has to go potty.
Or Jake's throwing everything out of the cart -
A. Because he like to hit you with flying objects
or
B. he thinks EVERYTHING is a ball.
Maybe someday my life will be in order.
And I can take 20 minutes and blog my perfect days events.
After I just spent the last 2 hours scrapbooking it.
In my immaculate house.
With my immaculate hair and clothes.
And perfect children with an outfit for every holiday.
But until then, you're just going to have to deal with the mass chaos my house brings to us all.
11 comments:
Cheers to Chaos!!! And I am sure if you snuck up on those "perfect" families they so are Not! I hate the fact that my house is always a disaster but we have fun and kids will remember that! Who cares what everyone else thinks, those people won't matter 50 years from now! Kids grow up too quick and when they are gone your house clean but empty! ENJOY THE CHOAS!!! Easier said then done right lol! :)
Love it! I wouldn't know what to do if my house wasn't a mess and my life was a chaos. Life would not good then and it would probably be boring.
Ha - this is awesome. I have only a few words of advice (coming from someone who doesn't excel at the traditional homemaking activities).
1. Anything that requires any sort of assembly at home counts as home cooked at our place. This includes taking the Arbys sandwiches out of the wrapper and putting them on a plate.
2. If you don't have toys on the floor, the kids will find something else to play with. The TV set or your hairdryer for example. Odds are, its better to step on the crayon.
3. Why bother making a bed? Its just going to be unmade in 12 hours (less if your kids nap).
4. Christmas lights are always cool.
5. Our bags from our vacation 2 weeks ago are on my bedroom floor. Its convenient storage for all the stuff I have no idea what to do with.
6. Grocery stores deliver. It costs a few extra dollars but the time and energy you save not having to drag the kids out of the house (and avoid flying objects in your case) may be worth the extra $10 every once in a while.
7. Someday we will both have immaculate houses, life will be in order, the blog will be up to date... and we'll wish for the days where it was all a mess. Then again, the grandkids come about that time so maybe not. :)
Thanks for the post, it made my day!
I don't think I've had a day without chaos since Tage was born 4 1/2 years ago! Hang in there :)
I am so glad I am not the only one that feels that way. One thing I have started to do is to go to the store while Cade is at school. It just seems so much easier when I only have one.
Do what you do and that's all that you do. I hate perfect people too. No worries. Just enjoy each stage, each moment. The kids won't remember the meals the dirty house, but they will remember you being there for them and that's the most blessed gift of all.
It's all good! Cousin Marci
I hear ya! I feel the exact same way. I don't know how people do it. Maybe one day I will have enough energy/time to get it all done but definitely not any time soon!
That is why we get to be grandparents!! That is when the house can be clean and we can actualy get ourselves ready in the morning instead of 3 kids!
Oh heavens! If I get a shower in before 3, that is a miracle, and if I do get dressed, it is at about 4 pm before Luke gets home. It makes me feel made up....or atleast dressed, for a few hours. You are awesome! Thanks for verbalizing our thoughts:)
That is exactly how I feel!!!
Hi Melenna! Found your blog from Natalie's. You are hilarious!! Loved that post and can definitely relate. While I was in my robe Saturday morning 3 people came to my house. After the third person Tony says to me, "You might want to get dressed". Don't sweat it. Enjoy your kids because that is what matters. The house and decorations can wait. I think you're awesome and adorable too!!
Post a Comment