January 6, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!!

Yes, we are past the middle of January I know. This month has literally FLOWN by.
Literally.
I got a phone call on Friday reminding my to get Jake's 18 month immunizations done. When did he turn 18 months? Or 17 for that matter? I'm confused. But I guess its time. And its time to get some pictures done of the sweetie too. So anyways, back to my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Lose weight. I know everyone has that one and it shouldn't matter what we look like but it does matter what I feel like. And when I look in the mirror I feel like a fat slob. Which is lame because I really only have 10 (15 at the most) pounds to lose. Which really isn't a lot. BUT I have absolutely zero willpower to make that happen. Because I do exercise. I mean for cryin' out loud I teach dance over 15 hours a week. But I eat like crap. I don't think there is one day this month (Sunday's don't count) that I haven't eaten out. Disgusting!! And I love my treats. So here is my written goal to not eat out as much and a whole lot less treats!!

2. Take more pictures. I've seriously slacked in that area (I think its because I'm not a huge fan of my camera. Its old and needs to be replaced.) But like I said before. . . When did Jake turn 18 months?? And he is the cutest little guy I really should be following him around with a camera. And Gracie's just beautiful and sooooo photogenic. I should be following her around too!! (I did get a new video camera that goes with me EVERYWHERE! I love it!)

3. Spend more time with my kids. Ideally I'd like to have an hour (give or take) of just one on one time with them each day. Get to know them better, have them know me. I can't tell you how many times Gracie asks me to play with her and I tell her I can't. Because laundry, the dishes, or whatever is more important. When its really not. So I know that it won't happen every day because life happens and cereal gets "spilled" (dumped and then jumped on) on the floor and that really can't stay there it does have to be cleaned up but I am going to try to let the house slide some more or save it for later when they are asleep and I'm going to enjoy my kids more because boy, does time fly.

4. I want to exercise my self control and start reading more. There are so many good books out there and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO READ! But I don't do it because if its a good book I can't exercise the self control and put it down. I will stay up all night reading until I finish it. Really, ALL night. Which is why I stopped reading. I can't afford to do that. I need to by a timer or something that tells me when to stop.

5. I want to read the Book of Mormon. And I don't mean read it, I mean REALLY read it. Mark it up, write thoughts in it. I really want to know what's going on in there.

6. I want to be a better teacher. This falls in several categories. Home being the first one. I want to start teaching my kids the gospel. So many little ones know SO much about the gospel because their parents teach them so well. And I don't know where to start. But I'm going to learn (Family Home Evening is where I'll start I think) and I'm going to teach them. Church being the second. I teach the Laurels and I'm the worst. I'm reading my lesson Saturday night going Oh, crap I have to teach tomorrow and I don't even know what lesson we're on!! So I want to really take the time to prepare my lessons and have the spirit guide me through them. And lastly dance. I love those girls and what I am doing and I just really want to be prepared each and every time I go so that they can see the love I have for it and they can love it as much as I do AND they can learn and have something to work on.

7. And lastly, (I think) I just want to be a better person. A better mom to my kids, a better wife to my husband, a better friend to my friends and rekindle some lost friendships that life has gotten between, a better teacher, sister, daughter, and most of all a better daughter of our Heavenly Father. I want him to be proud of me and my accomplishments.

3 comments:

Martincrew said...

Isn't funny how we seem to think alike! My New Years "resolutions" are almost the same! We can help each other :)

the Horton Hurricane said...

These are all great I also want to loose some weight why is this so hard? I think you look great. I am however reading the Book of Mormon so that's good. You are a great mom and a great person, good luck on the goals.

Clemments Family said...

I like all your goals. A lot of mine are the same. I think I realize now more than ever that life is too short to sit back and watch what is going on, so my thing for this year is to live life to the fullest and have fun doing it.