So, I'm so far behind it doesn't even sound fun to catch up but I love to have the stories in here and look back on them! And I'm already forgetting some of the stuff. It will be awhile before I am able to get to all the fun stuff. We are still alive (I'm really sorry I am a terrible terrible friend which is probably why we don't have many :) j/k) With Alan's job and mine we hardly have time for ourselves. We have once again hit the rush (as we call it) where we start pulling all nighters and calling in favors and extra help. This is a hard, busy, fun time of the year. The
conversations at 3 in the morning are always fun to think about the next day when your trying to be patient with your kids but your so tired from only 3 hrs of sleep that you can hardly function. And its hard to not EVER be with Alan. Oh I see him, but its more of a casual acquaintance as we are both glued to the computers trying to catch up on all the orders and customer service that goes with his career. And I usually have to call it a night before him so I'm asleep when he gets home and he's out of here so fast in the mornings all I really get is a good morning and a quick
kiss goodbye. But I'm really ok. I know I've complained and ranted and raved and made a big deal but in my defense I was used to 8-5 and holidays/weekends/and every other friday off. Then to go to this???
That would be hard for anyone and now that I know what to expect I can plan for it. (We love playdates!! Or at least I do because it keeps the kids busy and I can get a little caught up on our house) But I really am doing just fine, it is hard but I am good and it does end!
The kids are great growing big and sassy and mischievous. Oh, Jake is all boy and sure keeps me busy making sure he's being somewhat safe. He LOVES to climb on things now and his balance isn't super great so you really have to watch him, but he loves it and the only way to learn is to try right? And he's totally starting to learn words. He's always said a few mama dada woof and moo was about it. But seriously in the last few days his words are getting sooooo much better, clearer, and more of them. Ball, button, he tries to say Gracie, he says "here you go" and bye and has the cutest wave I need to get on camera. It is the cutest thing. And I know he says more but I am incredibly tired and I should be asleep but its so peaceful at the moment.
Gracie is Gracie. She is the sweetest, smartest little thing but she has a stubborn streak (Ms. Melinda will attest too) and she is getting a little attitude and some major defiance but we are working on all these things. She always keeps me laughing and is a TOTAL momma's girl (Jake leans towards Daddy) and always has a funny story.
Oh, and I've been a serious slacker on taking pictures. Our camera is wearing out so it kinda bugs me. . . . a lot to take pictures because they aren't as good as I'd like.
So this was way longer than I was planning! I was just going to write a little on the busy-ness of the business and that we are still around please don't think that I forgot about you because I didn't. I'm just trying to keep some sanity :) which means I don't make very many phone calls. But we love you all and I really hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! (Posts coming!!) and are ready for 2010 because I am!!!
conversations at 3 in the morning are always fun to think about the next day when your trying to be patient with your kids but your so tired from only 3 hrs of sleep that you can hardly function. And its hard to not EVER be with Alan. Oh I see him, but its more of a casual acquaintance as we are both glued to the computers trying to catch up on all the orders and customer service that goes with his career. And I usually have to call it a night before him so I'm asleep when he gets home and he's out of here so fast in the mornings all I really get is a good morning and a quick
kiss goodbye. But I'm really ok. I know I've complained and ranted and raved and made a big deal but in my defense I was used to 8-5 and holidays/weekends/and every other friday off. Then to go to this???
That would be hard for anyone and now that I know what to expect I can plan for it. (We love playdates!! Or at least I do because it keeps the kids busy and I can get a little caught up on our house) But I really am doing just fine, it is hard but I am good and it does end!
The kids are great growing big and sassy and mischievous. Oh, Jake is all boy and sure keeps me busy making sure he's being somewhat safe. He LOVES to climb on things now and his balance isn't super great so you really have to watch him, but he loves it and the only way to learn is to try right? And he's totally starting to learn words. He's always said a few mama dada woof and moo was about it. But seriously in the last few days his words are getting sooooo much better, clearer, and more of them. Ball, button, he tries to say Gracie, he says "here you go" and bye and has the cutest wave I need to get on camera. It is the cutest thing. And I know he says more but I am incredibly tired and I should be asleep but its so peaceful at the moment.
Gracie is Gracie. She is the sweetest, smartest little thing but she has a stubborn streak (Ms. Melinda will attest too) and she is getting a little attitude and some major defiance but we are working on all these things. She always keeps me laughing and is a TOTAL momma's girl (Jake leans towards Daddy) and always has a funny story.
Oh, and I've been a serious slacker on taking pictures. Our camera is wearing out so it kinda bugs me. . . . a lot to take pictures because they aren't as good as I'd like.
So this was way longer than I was planning! I was just going to write a little on the busy-ness of the business and that we are still around please don't think that I forgot about you because I didn't. I'm just trying to keep some sanity :) which means I don't make very many phone calls. But we love you all and I really hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! (Posts coming!!) and are ready for 2010 because I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment