May 26, 2009

Summer is starting!!

So first things first I got a new calling at church I'm pretty nervous about it it'll be fun (I think)! Any guesses??? I think I'll wait to tell you :) It's really not that crazy for normal people but for me it is.

So anyways I've posted pictures before about Gracie's make up. She's awesome at putting it on. I had told her no several times to not put it on but she did anyways and Dad got a few pictures before he sent her in to show me. I'm not sure what I was doing but this is the result of mom not being around.Next thing - I don't have any pictures but Alan and I went to Vegas a few weeks ago with no kids and it was so nice!! Naps, sunburns, we even hit a session at the temple which was cool! A much needed vacation for me. Alan still worked a lot of it but it was nice to do whatever I wanted!

Here's some summer type pictures. We are so ready for it to be summer everyday!!I keep trying to get Jake walking but its hard cause as soon as he sees the camera he goes after it. So he really can do better than this best I can do! He's taken about 13 steps in one shot. I'm ready for him to walk. I really hate the crawling phase. In this one he started at Gracie's room and had made it that far by the time I got the camera out. Good thing I keep the camera handy! He actually started taking steps here and there a few weeks ago so at about 9 months. Which is funny since he didn't start crawling til 8 months. Gracie crawled at 6 months and walked at 11. Just to do a comparison :)




Gracie's going through another phase where she likes to feed Jake.
So on Friday (last week) we met our friends Cami, Morgan and Kendall at the Church History Museum in Salt Lake and it was a lot of fun! There's a room in there called I am a child of God and its just a playroom for kids its awesome I think we played for close to two hours! Then we headed to Temple Square and had a picnic! It was so fun to play and see them it had been way too long! (We'll have to do it again, soon!)I decided to let Jake feed himself some mashed potatoes the other night and needless to say we had a bath after dinner :) When Jake gets super tired lately he crawls on his head. It's pretty funny. Now he has a little bit of a rugburn on his forehead. Hopefully you can see it, it's kinda dark. We need a real video camera.

And last but not least. . . . . chocolate ice cream anyone? Gracie's got some leftovers.
Alright so that is life. Gracie's sassy as ever, Jake's cute as ever, Alan's busy as ever and I'm just holding the pieces together. Oh and I'm the new Laurel Advisor. Sorry girls. I'll do my best! I suck at teaching though! I'm headed to Boise Thursday so I should have some good pics coming up. Since we plan on boating, girls lunch, a graduation (congrats Callie) and Christian's birthday party!

2 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

Cute kids! You will do awesome as the Laurel Advisor. I was the MiaMaid Advisor in our old ward and loved it. I miss it! Have fun with those girls!

the Horton Hurricane said...

your blog is darling I'm so glad we will get to know eachother now. Let me know if you ever need anything.
Jenny Horton