January 26, 2009

I don't even know. . . .

I don't even know where to start the catching up. I think (knock on wood) that we are almost completely better at our house. Jake's cut two teeth and has a cough now. Gracie's had an ear infection and cough and I've had bronchitis. Alan (knock on wood) has remained unscathed! Lucky guy. But in the same thought his work has been crazy busy!! Like he was only getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night IF he went to bed. It's been nuts! I guess its good that him and the boys are working that much that means that they're busy so I really can't complain but I sure am ready for it to slow down so we can kind of get back to normal.
This was a slower day. We missed getting pictures the day we filled up an entire UPS truck (its impressive how much they hold too) and called for a 2nd to come get the rest.
Christmas was ok. I'm really glad its over and cleaned up and put away for the next year. I was getting sick and Gracie was getting over being sick the day of and it was still fun but I could have stayed in bed all day and been fine. As you can tell from the pics Jake just slept through a lot of it or just chewed on stuff. It really was a good day but I really am glad it is over. I forgot that we kinda made a new tradition for a little while. We have a "sleepover" on Christmas Eve (my date time stamp is wrong again so don't look at those. I finally just turned it off) we rent a bunch of movies and fall asleep in the living room. Once she's asleep we moved her to her room and Santa came. That was actually a lot of fun to just hang out.
This is the cute little neighbor girl. They were out delivering Christmas treats in the crazy blizzard so we kept her with us and Jake loved her. He just sat there staring at her for most of the time. (So ya, he sits now too. He doesn't crawl or scoot around or roll around but he somehow gets where he needs to.)

The day after is when we got to celebrate with Alan's parents and Ken and Tam and the Fam happened to be here so it was mass chaos and there was literally paper flying everywhere!! But that was fun too.
I tried to get a pic of her all cute in her Christmas get up but this was the best I could do. Terrible 2's totally. Jake was asleep (of course).

I don't have any pics from New Year's. I was still pretty sick that day. We went to Doug and Becky's (Thanks Beck!!) it was a lot of fun but by 10:30 I was done. I just didn't feel good so we didn't ring in the new year but it came anyways! So Happy New Year!!! I have a few resolutions but it seriously has been so crazy around here that we haven't had time to really talk about them and put them in writing. An obvious one is to lose the 20lbs I have left from being prego with Jake!

Jake rolls finally!!! He rolled the hard way first back to belly (which would make him mad because he wasn't a fan of his belly. He's starting to not mind it now) and now he rolls both ways but I can't ever catch him rolling the other way.Gracie did the little cheerleader clinic at Northridge a couple of weeks ago. She's a stinker but she sure looked cute!! You only need to watch like the first 10 seconds of the video and you'll understand what I mean.
That's Gracie being held by the lady in the red shirt. She eventually found us in the crowd and came and sat with us. She really is a stinker.

Ya, that's her laying on the ground crying that they have to pull off the floor. Nice huh?

So now that I've bored you to death!! Ha ha. I hope not. It really has been good times. And here's to a new year and better blogging. (I'd like to keep more updated too so I don't have to do such novels all the time but any spare time I'm helping Alan so it will probably go in spurts of being caught up and not.) Happy New Year!! (A month late.)

1 comment:

Aleese and Scott said...

I am glad you are feeling better! We had a New Years full of sickness. No fun!! I love all of your Christmas pictures your kids look so cute and that video of Gracie is so hilarious!