October 6, 2009

Finally caught up!!!

I will be officially caught up now!! Yea!!! (Except for a few on my camera I think) But close enough! So this is our newest favorite activity outside for Jake. I have to hide this bike sometimes when we go outside because I get tired of chasing him on it. I feel bad but sometimes I just can't handle it!! He loves it though!!





We're bummed that winter is arriving quickly. Last week on the coldest day Gracie asked to go swimming at Heidi's. She didn't really understand that it was too cold and she would freeze to death and was kinda mad at me. Both kids love to play outside and it will be interesting to see how we do during the winter. I might have to get creative on some activities.

A little about us:

Dad: Is working hard and lots. Between scouts and work we don't see him as much as we'd like. Gracie will often come in our room in the middle of the night asking to lay by her daddy. He must be more fun than me when he is home :)

Some cool things are happening at CampusBookRentals! You'll have to wait for the official reveal for me to tell you what they are!!!

Mom: Life is the same! Hang with the kids, grocery shopping, preschool and dance!! If I get a moment I catch up on my blog or scrapbook.

Gracie: Is as crazy as can be!! She's finally get out of terrible 3's. I don't know why they say terrible 2's because 3 was sooooooooo much worse. But she's growing up and out of her little fits. She LOVES preschool!! And Ms. Melinda's curly hair. She just wants her hair down most of the time and if I do anything else with it half way through the day she'll ask me to take it out or she'll take it out herself. She knows her letters (capital and lower case) and is getting good with her numbers. And she's starting to think like a kid. The other day she asked Alan "why do we have a tongue" and a couple days later asked me "why do we have a nose" no more just why? questions. I'm not a fan of those!! And she's beautiful!! Love her to pieces!!

Jake: I can't believe how fast time goes with him!! He's already 14 months. I swear we just had him :( it went too fast. He's turning into a climber and a faller. He always falls off whatever he climbed on and hits his head so there's usually a bruise on one side of his head or the other. He's still super happy BUT he's learned how to express his frustration and will start yelling at you. He's down to one nap a day for the most part which is kind of nice because is usually a looooong one. Sometimes he does 2 still but not very often. He says "quack quack" and "cracker" (they sound kind of the same) and "ma" and "da" every once in awhile "daddy" and "dis" and "please" but mostly just points to what he wants and grunts at you. Its funny with Gracie we were all about teaching her how to say stuff and to blow kisses and clap and stuff but with Jake we're just content to let him be and learn it on his own. I did teach him how to give kisses the other day and he's super cute with it. Sometimes he even puckers his lips for you. Sometimes its an open mouth kiss though :) and slobbery!! He has his front 8 teeth (4 top 4 bottom) and is getting his 4 molars. So he's got a mouth full of teeth! He loves playing with Gracie and her friends and will follow them all around the house. For the most part he is super easy going and not much makes him mad :) Such a good kid!! Love him!!

We've been so blessed with our kids and I'm so thankful for them and for that blessing.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your kids are super cute and have a super cute mom that means you have to have a lot more! :)